As per marketsandmarkets, the Blockchain market will grow at a CAGR of 80.2%. Retail and e-commerce marketplaces will be one of the fastest growing verticals during the forecast period. Many of them have started to accept cryptocurrencies as a mode of payment.
Many websites have tried pilots to accept cryptocurrencies as a payment method. Some have succeeded, some have failed, however, the numbers keep growing.
We selected the online marketplaces based on the below major criteria
- Size of Business
- Website popularity
- Range of Items.
- Uniqueness of Items
- Accepting cryptocurrencies: any in the Top 10 as per Coinmarketcap.
There are hundreds of retailers accepting cryptocurrencies all over the world. Some websites will allow you to directly purchase commodities/ services using Bitcoin, others will act as a search engine and will provide you with a link to the merchant’s website where cryptocurrency is accepted. Few options are provided below.
Note: Please check the terms and conditions of the websites before you place an order. Also please be aware of fraud.
Spendabit is the world’s first “Bitcoin Product Search Engine.” Spendabit aggregates products from both large established Bitcoin-enabled vendors — like Overstock.com, Newegg, and Fancy.com — as well as an enormous number of smaller merchants.
Founded by Jeremy West, this website started selling Amazon gift vouchers in exchange for Bitcoins and have now grown exponentially and diversified. It is located in multiple countries around the world.
- Accept Bitcoin Cash: This website is a community-curated list of merchants that accept Bitcoin Cash.
- Cryptwerk similarly provides you with a big catalog of merchants who accept cryptocurrencies (the current list has 18 coins as payment method). Cryptwerk provides a rating for the merchants.
Overstock.com, Inc. is an American internet retailer headquartered in Midvale, Utah, near Salt Lake City which sells home decor, furniture, bedding, and many other goods. The retail giant allows its customer to pay for anything using Bitcoin. Simply select Bitcoin as an option during payment.
Microsoft allows the use of Bitcoin to add money to your Microsoft account. The amount can be used to purchase games, movies, and apps in the Windows and Xbox stores. These funds cannot be used to purchase items in the Microsoft online store.
- eGifter: Buy coupons of major Brands at eGifter using Bitcoin. Use the coupons directly in the Brand’s website to purchase your desired item.
- Amazon.com via Purse.io: Purse.io provides a unique way of purchasing from Amazon.com. Purse.io provides 15%+ discount on your purchases.
- Add items to your Amazon wish list.
- Paste the wish list in purse.io.
- Select your Discount.
- The wish list will be fulfilled by Earners- individuals who wish to exchange their Amazon gift cards for your cryptocurrency.
- Newegg: Newegg Inc. is the leading tech-focused e-retailer in North America, with a global reach into more than 50 countries in Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, the company offers its tens of millions of registered users a comprehensive selection of the latest consumer electronics, entertainment, smart home, and gaming products.
- Cheapair, a major travel portal accepts cryptocurrency as a mode of payment.
Digitec Galaxus AG is Switzerland’s online market leader in the fields of IT, consumer electronics and telecommunication. Galaxus is the largest Swiss online shop with a steadily growing range of products for almost all daily needs, offering consistently low prices as well as fast, reliable and free delivery.
Amagi Metals is a global eCommerce precious metals dealer. They have been selling precious metals, such as gold and silver, for over four years. They have offices located in Austin, Texas; Bartlesville, Oklahoma; and Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Travala: Travala as a Next-Gen Online Travel Agency (NOTA), providing a revolutionary, easy to use booking platform combining decentralized technologies and tokenized incentive structures. Leveraging global competitive cost advantages, the platform changes the relationship between the consumer of the future and their travel shopping using tokenization to increase incentivization and encourage growth in the ecosystem.
- Gyft: Gyft is a digital gift card platform that enables people to buy, send, and manage gift cards from hundreds of top retailers such as Amazon, iTunes, Starbucks, Target, and many more.
An interesting website:
Bigcoin (the website is temporarily not in service) acts intermediate service where you select an item from any website (Amazon, eBay, etc), put the website link, pay cryptocurrency to their wallet address, and they will buy and ship an item to your provided address.
Last time we checked their website was down, we hope they would be up and running soon.
The websites mentioned in this article can change over time and the readers are requested to do thorough due-diligence before purchasing.
This article is an opinion of the author. As cryptocurrency transactions are still in an adoption stage, we recommend you to do your own research and beware of fraud(phishing, hacking, etc).
Please follow the Rules and Regulations of your country while making a transaction in cryptocurrencies.