All onboard the Steem train as we bring in updates from Splinterlands.
Splinterlands is on fire. More than 11 million games were played with cards worth over $4 million. Take a look at one of the most successful crypto games and how Steem has brought it this far.
Splinterlands is a decentralized collectible card game. Similarly to Hearthstone and Magic: the Gathering, players collect various cards to pit them against their opponents. With blockchain technology, players have true ownership of their cards and they can sell them in the in-game market anytime they want.
Average Number of daily players: 3062
Average number of daily users only transacting: 263
Tournament Entrants: 302 per day/ 2114 for the week
Number of ranked matches played: 38,413 per day/ 268,891 for the week
Tournament Prizes Awarded (to date): $76,945
Average Daily Users: 3325 (players and traders)
Market Volume: 215,885 STEEM
Highlight(s) of the week
The Untamed Chain Golem Kickstarter rewards have dropped.
- Splinterlands started a @splinterlands blog and are now posting from there. Be sure to start following them;
- @steemmonsters and @splinterlands are now manually curating their affairs; they are holding two new weekly challenges giving out the upvotes;
- Splinterlands Weekly Curation Challenge;
- Share Your Battle Challenge;
- Biweekly Splinterlands Art Contest;
- NEW -- Splinterlands Telegram Trivia Contest. This takes place during the alternate weeks of the Art Contest. Contests are on Saturdays.
Card changes/balances/new cards
No updates this week.
Rewards Cards nearing the end of their print run
- Sacred Unicorn
- Daria Dragonscale
- Sea Genie
- Rusty Android
- Highland Archer
- Divine Sorceress
- Skeletal Warrior
- Javelin Thrower
- Crystal Werewolf
- Prismatic Energy
- Ruler of the Seas
Tip of the week
Keep getting Earthquake when battling? Try focusing on Magic Attacks, Health, and Armour as flying types don’t get hit by earthquakes. However, do take that it’s likely your opponents are using flying types as well. This means they can sneakily avoid your extra melee attacks. Surprising them with a bit of magic and high health cards could be the ticket to winning.
Play of the week
The launch of UNTAMED has gone extremely well. To show their appreciation, the Splinterlands team launched additional tournaments this weekend. The participation is free; 1.2 million Dark Energy Crystals (approximately, $1200) to be won.
In case you missed these great pieces: