There are weekly updates in the Polygon ecosystem. Therefore, Altcoin Buzz covers some updates from the last week in May to keep readers informed.
Last week, Chainlink VRF v2 became available on Polygon. We will also take a look at the top gainers in the Polygon ecosystem.
1 – Chainlink VRF v2 Launch on Polygon
During the week, Chainlink announced the launch of the Chainlink Verifiable Random Function (VRF) v2 on Polygon.
Besides, this new version will be useful for developers on Polygon that need a secure, cost-efficient, and fast means of on-chain randomness in their dApps. This will also help developers:
- In the carrying out blockchain-based games
- In securing NFT minting
- To provide a good range of use cases across DAO governance, and DeFi among others
RPC providers have increased their throughput from 1 to 25 fulfillments/second—a 25x improvement.
A short 🧵 detailing what's changed ⬇️
— Chainlink (@chainlink) June 1, 2022
2 – Top Gaining Projects on Polygon
Secondly, CoinGecko a crypto data platform reported the top gainers (price performance of projects) in the Polygon ecosystem. Notably, this report covers a 24-hour time frame on the 1st of June and it’s as follows:
- DODO DEX & NFT ($DODO), a decentralized trading protocol for Web3 amassed the most gain. It had a 22.5% rate of increase in price-performance within the specified time frame.
- 0x ($ZRX), an exchange infrastructure is in second place. It also recorded a 6.1% rate of increase in price-performance within the 24-hour time frame.
- SushiSwap ($SUSHI), a community-built open-source ecosystem is third on the list. It had a 5.6% rate of increase in price-performance within the 24-hour time frame.
- Compound Labs ($COMP) comes in fourth place. It recorded a 5% rate of increase in price performance within the 24-hour time frame.
- Unifi Protocol ($UNFI), a simple and innovative solution for Web3 applications is fifth. It had a 4.8% rate of increase in price-performance within the 24-hour time frame.
Top Gainers in @0xPolygon Ecosystem Last 24H 🚀🚀$DODO @BreederDodo $ZRX @0xproject $SUSHI @sushiswap $COMP @compoundfinance $UNFI @unifiprotocol $ANKR @ankr $GRT @graphprotocol $REN @renprotocol $BAND @bandprotocol $BAT @AttentionToken #Polygon $MATIC pic.twitter.com/VYr5qedb0n
— Polygon Daily (@PolygonDaily) June 1, 2022
3 – $GHST Now Available on Polygon
Thirdly, Aavegotchi Protocol announced that its $GHST token is now available on Polygon. According to the reports, Binance crypto exchange now allows users to deposit and withdraw $GHST tokens on Polygon Mainnet. Therefore, making it easier for users to access the Aavegotchi ecosystem.
Besides, $GHST joins other tokens like $USDC, $MATIC, and $USDT in receiving this opportunity from Binance.
BINANCE 💜 AAVEGOTCHI 💜 POLYGON
— Aavegotchi 👻 💜 (@aavegotchi) May 31, 2022
4 – Top Gaining Low Market Cap Projects on Polygon
Finally, the trusted crypto data platform, CoinMarketCap, revealed the top gainers (price performance) among low market cap projects. These are projects with a market capitalization of $100 million or below. The report also covers a seven-day timeframe and it’s as follows:
- Bella Protocol ($BEL), a suite of DeFi products with a market cap of $47.52 million had the most gain. It had a 176% rate of increase in price performance within the seven-day timeframe.
- Endless Battlefield ($EB), a military strategy and exploration sandbox Metaverse with a market cap of $239k has the second-most gain. It also had a 61% rate of increase in price performance within the seven-day timeframe.
- Autofarm.network ($AUTO), a multi-chain DEX and yield aggregator with a market cap of $13.15 million had the third-most gain. It also had a 52% rate of increase in price performance within the seven-day timeframe.
- Tellor ($TRB), a permissionless system for smart contracts that also has a market cap of $23.52 million in fourth. It also had a 41% rate of increase in price performance within the seven-day timeframe.
- StackOS ($STACK), a multi-chain decentralized cloud with a market cap of $18.68 million completes the top five. It also had a 30% rate of increase in price performance within the seven-day timeframe.
Top Gainer with MarketCap under $100M Last 7 Days$BEL @BellaProtocol$EB @EBMetaverse$AUTO @autofarmnetwork$TRB @WeAreTellor$STACK @DeployOnStackOS$NEX @nashsocial$RAZOR @razor_network$PNT @pNetworkDeFi$PROPS @PropsProject$TVK @terra_virtua#POLYGON #MATIC $MATIC pic.twitter.com/P1XgJXMRCL
— Polygon Daily (@PolygonDaily) May 31, 2022
$MATIC Price Analysis
As of the time of publishing this article, Polygon’s price was $0.6047 with a 24-hour trading volume of $299.4 million and a marketcap of $4.1 billion. MATIC price also dropped by 0.1% over the last 24 hours. Besides, it has a circulating supply of 6.8 billion MATIC coins and a total supply of 10 billion.
⬆️For more cryptocurrency news, check out the Altcoin Buzz YouTube channel.
⬆️Find the most undervalued gems, up-to-date research, and NFT signs with Altcoin Buzz Access. Join us for $99 per month now.