Chiliz has launched their Socios.com Visa Debit card to provide more rewards for fans globally. Socios.Com Visa card will be linked to their favorite clubs for offers, rewards and more
The new debit card launched by Chiliz is powered by Railsbank’s pioneering open banking platform and available to all users on Socios.com. This card can serve as a ticket entry in the future and receive cashback as well. Users will be able to make deposits on Socios.com and also make payments like a traditional Visa card. The Socios.com Visa card includes IBAN and will be available in 26 countries in the European Economic Area. They will then look to expand to additional markets.
Be more than a fan
Chiliz is putting a huge emphasis on allowing users to ‘Be More Than A Fan’. Currently, users have access to Fan Tokens in which they can participate in club polls and earn rewards. Many big clubs such as Athletico Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, and many others have all come on board. Barcelona who just launched the $BAR Fan Token had $1.3m in sales revenue generated in less than 2 hours.
Partnering clubs are not only limited to soccer but other sports as well. Two-time Dota 2 champions, OG, and even UFC is partnered too. Chiliz is looking to onboard 50 more clubs this year with 3 more Fan Token offerings happening on 25 August.
The Socios.com VISA card will let users improve their fan status and also gain more benefits from the supported clubs. On top of that, limited edition club cards for leading Fan Token holders will be created.
Socios.com VISA debit card
The Socios.com VISA card will be available by the end of summer. Here are some benefits listed for the VISA cardholders.
- Fans using the card to make purchases from any official club sponsor will receive cashback in the form of a Chiliz deposit into their Socios.com account.
- Fans who made purchases will also receive an entry into that day’s $CHZ airdrop(prize pool of over €100). They will also acquire leaderboard points that increase their chances of accessing club rewards.
- Every purchase a cardholder makes grants him access to financial rewards and club-related benefits.
- Socios.com VISA Debit cardholders will receive a unique global ID number. This is linked to their Socios.com ID which has been KYC verified. Once linked, fans are able to redeem club and sponsor related rewards and discounts.
- The VISA card will also be able to serve as ticket entry to the stadium.
Alameda Research has strategically invested in Chiliz to provide increased liquidity for $CHZ and growth of its ecosystem. Alameda Research was founded in 2017 and manages over $100m in digital assets and trades $600m to $1.5bn per day.
Alexandre Dreyfus, CEO & Founder of Chiliz and Socios.com, said: “Alameda Research has built the most sophisticated trading systems in the crypto world — a full-scale global operation that can trade on all major exchanges & markets. I’m delighted to be able to plug $CHZ into that operation, and warmly welcome the Alameda team as an anchor partner & strategic investor of Chiliz.”
Fan Token Offering Dates
On top of the Fan Token offering that is happening on 25 August here is the extended schedule for the year. The list excludes big single FTOs so be sure to look out for more dates!
- August 25
- September 22
- October 20
- November 24
- December 14
Many clubs have also interacted with their fans tremendously and here are some of the recent events they did.
- Juventus and AS Roma Fan Token holders appeared via video on LED surrounding the pitch for home games.
- Galatasaray Fan Token holders had their life-sized photos on display at the Türk Telekom Stadium for the final three home games of the 2019/20 Süper Lig season.
There will be many more clubs to come so don’t be disappointed if your favorite club hasn’t come on board yet. Chiliz is also reviewing a staking mechanism between Chiliz token and Fan Token so be sure to look out for that as well.