Kris Marszalek, CEO of Crypto.com, has answered the most pressing questions the community has.
In its latest AMA on Twitter, Crypto.com answered about 50 questions. Here is a roundup of what unfolded during the AMA.
Changes throughout the year
- User base grew 5x;
- MCO staked grew 3x;
- from 100 to over 200 employees;
- Up to 5% cashback, Spotify and other card benefits;
- Fiat in and out;
- Crypto earn;
- Crypto credit;
- Crypto.com exchange.
- On track to release EU cards in Q1;
- In progress for Canada;
- Switzerland will receive cards in Q1;
- Australia will have cards in 2020 but no date/month is confirmed;
- MCO private is on hold;
- US Debit card top-up is being worked on;
- DAI & USDC card top-up as well;
- Elimination of credit card fees for purchasing crypto in progress.
- Mobile/app website to be worked on in Q1 2020;
- Stop-limit functions to be added into the exchange (no exact timeline for this);
- US residents will be able to use the exchange in Q1.
- Q1 for noncustodial wallet;
- EOS listing very soon;
- Working on Apple Pay and Samsung Pay;
- Corporate lending offering next year which can also do through APIs.
- Filed for an EMI license in Europe;
- Working on a license in the US;
- Going to acquire lending licenses to carry out fiat lending;
- Expect EOS to have more utility on the platform this month.
- Expect big changes in the first quarter of next year.
- Look out for the next two weeks for gift cards. Big stuff is happening;
- Continue adding merchants to CRO Pay;
- Mainnet launch next year;
- Check with the team on a Directed Acyclic Graph(DAG) to build their chain.
- Shipping to EU customers in early Q1;
- Continue to add more markets;
- Syndicate program is now on the exchange;
- Participating in large scale cryptocurrency events in the first half of 2020;
- Billboard campaign that will be going around the US, then Europe.
Answers to the community’s questions
- Paying bills through the app isn’t on the roadmap yet;
- No date for TRX listing;
- Looking to partner with multiple vendors in regard to tax solutions for US customers;
- No official announcement of APAX expansion due to Visa rules;
- Crypto.com doesn’t make money on the FX. It provides the best Visa wholesale rate without any markup;
- Expects to be fully profitable in 2020;
- Removal of the minimum transfer/card top-ups hopefully in the next Q&A session;
- Won’t be adding travel insurance as a perk to cards;
- Will look to support additional cardholders on one account;
- Won’t have any physical Crypto.com locations for customer service;
- ACH withdrawal for US customers to happen next year;
- In talks to increase annual card top-up limit;
- Xfers for Singapore to be released in December 2019;
- New stuff coming to the official Crypto.com store next year;
Check out the previous AMA.