Interoperability is one of the most popular keywords in the crypto space. Add cross-chain to this, and we’re right on track. Different blockchains need to be able to talk to each other. As a result, we need safe bridges.
In this article, we look at bridges between Avalanche (AVAX) and Ethereum (ETH). Since Ethereum is a big blockchain, plenty of bridges offer this service. However, we look at the best three options. We start with the AVAX bridge.
1) AVAX Bridge
Follow the following steps to use the AVAX bridge properly.
- Go to the AVAX bridge and connect your MetaMask. Make sure to use the Avalanche network. If you haven’t used the Avalanche C-chain yet, it will ask you to add this chain. Confirm this and continue.
- Now choose the crypto you want to send. We use BUSD, or rather BUSD.e, in this sample.
Avalanche Bridge (AB) is adding new tokens that can be transferred between Avalanche and Ethereum.
First up, $SHIB incoming!
— Avalanche 🔺 (@avalancheavax) December 8, 2021
3. Hit transfer: Note that you receive a 0.1 AVAX airdrop in your wallet if you transfer over $75 in assets.
4. Confirm the transaction on MetaMask: Check the gas fees, and the total value and click on “confirm”. The transaction should take no more than 5-10 seconds. From Ethereum to Avalanche may take up to 10 minutes.
5. Just be aware of the transaction fees: They can be high and reach 20 BUSD or more.
Source: Avalanche Bridge
You can also watch this video, which explains the same procedure.
2) Multichain Bridge
This app can connect many blockchains. However, we are going to send AVAX to Ethereum. These are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Multichain app and make sure you’re connected to the Avalanche network.
- Now connect to a wallet, like MetaMask.
- In the ‘From’ section, select your preferred token. We chose USDC. This is a bridged form of Ethereum USDC. Also select the correct chain, Avalanche mainnet.
- In the ‘To’ section, select the receiving token, USDC. Also, select the Ethereum mainnet.
- Hit the ‘Swap’ button.
- Click ‘Confirm’ in the Multichain app.
- Confirm the transaction in your wallet. We used MetaMask.
- You can find the confirmation of the transaction on Snowtrace.
- Once more, be aware of the high bridging fees. Do read the small print before you bridge. Cross-chain Fee is 0.1%. The minimum Cross-chain Fee is 40 USDC.e. (A) Maximum Cross-chain Fee is 1,000 USDC.e. (A) You need to bridge at least 45 USDC.e. (B)
3 Celer cBridge
The Celer cBridge is a popular bridge that can connect many blockchains. Once again, we look at a transfer from Avalanche (AVAX) to Ethereum (ETH).
- Open the app and connect your wallet (MetaMask).
- Confirm that you want to transfer tokens.
- In the ‘From’ box, choose the Avalanche chain. Put the number of tokens you aim to bridge.
- In the ‘To’ box, choose the Ethereum chain.
- Click the ‘Transfer’ button.
- In the top-left corner, you can see four buttons. They are respectively for; Analytics, Explorer, Staking, and cross-chain swaps.
Source: Celer cBridge
We showed you three popular bridges, from Avalanche (AVAX) to Ethereum (ETH). This includes Avalanche’s own bridge. There are more bridges that offer this service. For instance, Synapse Protocol or Allbridge.
⬆️For more cryptocurrency news, check out the Altcoin Buzz YouTube channel.
⬆️ ALTCOIN BUZZ – BINANCE – GET UP TO $800* ON SIGN UP
Sign up using the links below on Binance Exchange and get the following benefits
- Get a $100 instant bonus with a first-time deposit of $50 within 7 days,
- Get a 20% trading fee discount for life!
- Get $200 worth of 2 months of Altcoin Buzz Access PRO Membership (50+ Trading Signals, Hidden Gems) and unlock up to $500 more in prizes
Click on the following link (as per your location) to avail the benefits.
For further details visit our special Binance Page. Terms & Conditions Apply.
Disclosure: Altcoin Buzz may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you click through our links and make a purchase from one of our partners.