Standard Chartered Expects SEC Approval for Ether ETF

Analysts’ views shifted after the SEC unexpectedly requested Ether ETF exchanges to update their 19b-4 filings before the deadline.

Deadlines for spot Ether ETFs, including VanEck’s on May 23 and ARK Invest/21Shares’ on May 24, heighten anticipation.
Intensified Anticipation for Spot Ether ETF Deadlines

Standard Chartered, previously skeptical about a May approval, now projects an “80% to 90%” certainty of SEC approval. The SEC’s request for 19b-4 filing updates amid security debates alters market sentiment, which previously leaned toward ETH ETF rejection.

Source: X

Bloomberg ETF analyst Eric Balchunas, who initially estimated a 25% approval chance, has revised his projection to 75% in anticipation of the final deadline. Fidelity has responded to the SEC’s request by filing an amended proposal, assuring that the ETH managed for the ETF won’t be staked.

The unexpected regulatory activity has injected new optimism into the market, suggesting a potential shift towards ETF approval. This development highlights the fluidity of regulatory dynamics and the impact they wield on market sentiment.

Source: X

If approved, the spot Ether ETFs could mark a significant milestone for cryptocurrency adoption, providing investors with easier access to the digital asset market while offering regulatory oversight and investor protections.



The information discussed by Altcoin Buzz is not financial advice. This is for educational, entertainment, and informational purposes only. Any information or strategies are thoughts and opinions relevant to the accepted levels of risk tolerance of the writer/reviewers and their risk tolerance may be different than yours. We are not responsible for any losses that you may incur as a result of any investments directly or indirectly related to the information provided. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are high-risk investments so please do your due diligence. Copyright Altcoin Buzz Pte Ltd.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.