According to CoinGecko, in the last 12 months, the Secret Network’s native token, $SCRT, has grown 1000%. This project has achieved $1 billion in marketcap and its cross-chain privacy partnerships are increasing.
Therefore, in this article, you will learn how you can start using Secret Network and get benefit from it today. But first, let’s settle what exactly is this protocol about:
What is the Secret Network?
Secret Network is the first blockchain that focuses on preserving the privacy of its users. This is possible because smart contracts are isolated pieces of code that self-execute in their blockchain.
The vast majority of current blockchains expose the information of their smart contracts to the public. However, Secret Network integrally encrypts them to protect sensitive information that could be used for negative purposes.
In other words, the Secret network is the result of 3 gathered factors:
- Ethereum’s capacity of supporting smart contracts.
- Monero’s default privacy feature.
- Cosmo’s scalability and cross-chain capacity.
Now, the best way to start using and exploring its ecosystem is by following these steps:
Step 1: Open your Secret Wallet
The first thing that anyone needs to do to use this blockchain is to open a wallet. In this case, there are 4 alternatives:
- Keplr: The Keplr wallet is highly recommended by Secret Network because you can only use the applications with this one. Also, you can use Keplr with Cosmos, crypto.com, Kava, among other blockchains.
- Citaldel.one: Citaldel.one is a user-friendly non-custodial platform where you can stake, and trade your assets. Right now, there are more than $136.3 million in staked assets in this protocol.
- Cosmostation: Cosmostation is a multi-chain wallet that supports 26 other chains available in Android and iOS. With this wallet, you can connect to your ledger, send fast and secure transactions, delegate your tokens to validators to get rewards, among other features.
- Ledger: You can directly sync your ledger nano S cold wallet with the secret network and start trading $SCRT tokens. Here is a guide to use it via citadel.one.
Now, that you’ve chosen your wallet, the next step is to get $SCRT tokens.
Step 2: How to Purchase SCRT Tokens
Depending on the place you live, there are three ways to get $SCRT tokens:
- Bank account/credit card: You may be able to buy SCRT using your bank account or credit card by using Transak. Right now, this service isn’t available for U.S. residents.
- Centralized Exchanges: You can buy SCRT tokens in the following exchanges:
- Decentralized Exchanges: You can get SCRT tokens in 4 DEXs in Ethereum and Secret Network blockchains:
Now that you have filled your wallet with SCRT tokens, you are ready to use decentralized applications in this blockchain.
Step 3: Discover and Use Secret Decentralized Applications
Inside Secret Network’s ecosystem, decentralized applications are made from privacy smart contracts. This is possible by upgrading the computational privacy of Trusted Execution Environments (TEE) and secret contracts. Therefore, you will have true default privacy at interacting with its decentralized apps.
Moreover, to start using apps inside the Secret Network’s ecosystem, you need to:
- Enter to Secret Network ecosystem’s website.
- Select any secret app.
- Log in with your wallet.
It’s important to mention that, nowadays, there are 14 different secret dapps for DeFi, NFTs, social media, and games.
The @SecretNetwork is going to have an EXPLOSIVE '22 as we reach a point of critical mass with all the rapid building going on.
You might even call it a ⚡️🌊
— SecretSwap (@secret_swap) January 10, 2022
More About Secret Network
On the other hand, this blockchain also has many tools that will empower users to interact with its apps. Here are some of them:
- Secret Analytics: Get access to swaps, bridges, among other features.
- Secret Nodes: Get access to many on-chain indicators.
- Staking Calculator: Set up details to know
Join us on Telegram to receive free trading signals.
For more cryptocurrency news, check out the Altcoin Buzz YouTube channel.