Interoperability is one of the key factors in the crypto space. The ability to send tokens from one blockchain to another one is an important part of this. To achieve this, we use bridges, and they need to be safe.
We are going to dig into cross-chain interoperability from Avalanche (AVAX) to the Harmony (One) chain. So, let’s see how this works in two bridges.
1) Bridge AVAX to Harmony With Relay Bridge
If you want to bridge tokens between these two chains, you need access to a wallet and tokens to pay for gas fees. In this case, you will need AVAX tokens. So, here is a step-by-step explanation for bringing AVAX to Harmony with the Relay bridge.
- First, you will need to wrap your AVAX token. You can do this on the Trader Joe DEX. Make sure to connect your wallet to Trader Joe’s. Go to the ‘Trade‘ button and make sure you have AVAX and WAVAX in the correct boxes.
Source: Trader Joe
- Then, fill in the amount of AVAX you want to swap into WAVAX and wrap it up. So, with your bags full of the desired WAVAX, you can now visit the Relay bridge.
- So, there are another 14 bridges you can choose from, but we want the Harmony One bridge. Select this option, fill in the amount to the bridge, and hit ‘Transfer‘.
- Now you need to confirm the transaction on a wallet, like MetaMask. After this, you can start the actual transfer. You can view the transaction on Avalanche explorer.
So, here is a video to know how to bridge AVAX tokens from avalanche to harmony.
2. Bridge AVAX to Harmony With Elk Bridge
On the other hand, this bridge is still in the beta version. This means that you can only send ELK tokens. There’s also a max limit of 20,000 ELK per transfer.
So, go to the Elk.Finance bridge and hit the ElkNet Bridge button.
- So, once you’re on the bridge page, hit the swap button. Now swap your AVAX to ELK and confirm this with your wallet or MetaMask.
- Now you go back to ElkNet, on the left panel. Choose the Harmony chain.
- If you don’t have ONE in your wallet, you need to swap 1 ELK for gas. If you already have ONE in your wallet, there’s no need to do this. Now you can approve the ELK transaction on MetaMask. It’s ready to go to the Harmony chain.
- Once you approved this, you can click the Transfer button. Your total costs are around 0.012 AVAX. At current rates, around $0.22. Confirm once more this transfer transaction.
- Now you go to the top of the page and switch networks. From Avalanche (AVAX) to Harmony (ONE). You will have to approve the import of ELK tokens to the Harmony chain. If you have been to Harmony before, you don’t need to do this.
- On MetaMask, confirm that you want to switch networks.
- Now you are on the Harmony chain. Swap your ELK tokens to ONE token with the Swap button on the left panel. Allow the use of ELK and confirm on MetaMask.
- The last step is to click the ‘Swap’ button in the middle of the page and swap your ELK to ONE. Confirm once more on MetaMask. Total costs are around 0.18 One. That’s a fraction of a cent.
Source: ElkNet app
Finally, to summarize, these are two ways how you can bridge the Avalanche (AVAX) token from Avalanche to the Harmony chain. However, due to the recent Harmony hack, a few bridges have stopped bridging to Harmony.
⬆️For more cryptocurrency news, check out the Altcoin Buzz YouTube channel.
⬆️ ALTCOIN BUZZ – BINANCE – GET UP TO $800* ON SIGN UP
Sign up using the links below on Binance Exchange and get the following benefits
- Get a $100 instant bonus with a first-time deposit of $50 within 7 days,
- Get a 20% trading fee discount for life!
- Get $200 worth of 2 months of Altcoin Buzz Access PRO Membership (50+ Trading Signals, Hidden Gems) and unlock up to $500 more in prizes
Click on the following link (as per your location) to avail the benefits.
For further details visit our special Binance Page. Terms & Conditions Apply.
Disclosure: Altcoin Buzz may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you click through our links and make a purchase from one of our partners.