Many people around the world are trying to have passive income from cryptos and one of them is crypto mining. Some people are mining bitcoin or ethereum. However, the most important disadvantage of them is that they consume a lot of electricity and you need to invest in very costly mining hardware.
Therefore, in this guide, you will learn another alternative that is different from others: Helium Mining. But first, let’s see more about the cryptocurrency behind this project.
What is Helium?
Have you heard about refrigerators that can order on amazon when food is missing? Today, there are more and more electronic devices that are being integrated with IoT technology. As a result, devices such as traffic lights, home appliances, mobile phones, cars, among others, can have much more advanced functions.
Well, Helium is a blockchain that allows interconnecting such devices, which gives them the highest quality 5G internet no matter where they are located. How? through “hotspots” also called Helium miners. They are devices like your home internet router that serve as nodes that give internet to those devices. In return, the Helium blockchain gives USDT as a reward to every hotspot.
Nowadays, Helium is the world’s fastest-growing wireless network with more than 543,000 hotspots. In this explorer, you can see that most Helium hotspots are placed in the United States and Europe. Therefore, if you are interested in being part of this project, you can explore more about helium miners’ devices.
Helium Miners Devices
The Helium blockchain has its consensus mechanism called “proof of coverage” which lets hotspots only use 5W of energy. However, nowadays there are 19 different types of hotspots with unique features. Here are the most important ones:
- Bobcat: This is the hotspot that won the “Helium Noble Award 2021” because it has the highest demand from users. It has a very powerful antenna and quad-core processor which provides bigger coverage to earn more, among other features.
- CalChip Connect: This is an IoT-device distributor which provides solutions and one of them is the Helium Miner. They’ve also partnered with Amazon and everynet.
- ClodPi: This company produces a hotspot with an ARM-64 Bit Hexa-core processor and 4GB of RAM. Also, it’s compatible with the Lora concentrator and a Gigabit internet wire connection. This product is focused on the Indian market.
On the other hand, you need to consider that not every hotspot is adapted to work in any part of the world. Some of them work in the US and Europe and other ones in Asia.
— Helium🎈 (@helium) February 2, 2022
Now that you have a better idea of how to pick the best hotspot. Let’s see how you can start using it.
How to Start Using a Helium Hotspot?
Every helium hotspot has a very similar procedure to use it. Therefore, in this article, you will learn how to install a Bobcat miner:
- Find an appropriate place: To optimize revenue, it is recommended that the hotspot be located near a street-facing vantage point so that the antenna has no walls around it to limit its range.
- Set up: Now you have to plug the hotspot following the device’s manual. It’s like installing the internet router of your house.
- Install the app: You need to install the “Helium hotspot app” which is available on Android or iOS and follow the steps from the app.
When you finish, the app and the bob miner will automatically start synchronizing with the Helium blockchain by having a “proof-of-coverage” test and then, you will start mining HNT tokens.
520,000+ Hotspots are now powering #LoRaWAN and #5G coverage in 40,000+ cities and 160+ countries across the globe. Build your city's Network and earn $HNT: https://t.co/1KBVRuyMQI. pic.twitter.com/TAtd1Xdjbr
— Helium🎈 (@helium) January 26, 2022
Helium Miner Tools
Mining Helium is not only installing your device in your window and waiting for your payment. Therefore, if you want to be sure that you are optimizing your earnings, you need to consider these tools:
- Helium Status: In this platform, you can see many technical details of how Helium’s blockchain is performing every day. With this, you will be sure that the API, consensus, and the helium app are in optimal conditions.
- Helium Explorer: On this website, you can see the hotspot map, the price of the HNT token, the total hotspots, among other indicators, in real-time.
- Sitebot: If you have many hotspots, this is a good website to have important information from all of them like location, rewards, etc.
- Helium Calculator: On this website, you can have a rough estimate of how many HNT tokens you have earned.
Note: From these tools, only the Helium explorer is an authorized website from Helium. So, this is only for reference.
Join us on Telegram to receive free trading signals.
For more cryptocurrency news, check out the Altcoin Buzz YouTube channel.