I’m sure that a good percentage of people who are new to the crypto sector are doing it to make millions of dollars in a few days. Just like the “crypto bro” you saw on TikTok told you. Those who were lucky enough to make a lot of money with SHIB or DOGE in the past are exceptions that many don’t understand at the beginning.
Normally, riches are accumulated with a lot of effort, knowledge, and discipline. The crypto sector is no exception. Some do it in trading, others by creating innovative web3 companies, others by having a diversified crypto portfolio, or by building passive income streams. In this article, we’ll know more about bitcoin billionaires.
Who are Bitcoin Billionaires?
There are many entrepreneurs who have accumulated a lot of money in the last few years in the crypto sector. In this list, we will categorize them. Here are some of them according to Forbes:
- Matthew Roszak: Its net worth is $1.5 billion. Yes, I know you might not hear of him before, but he was one of the few lucky people that discovered bitcoin in 2011 and believed in it from the first moment. He is currently the chairman of Bloq, a web3 infrastructure company.
- Michael Saylor: Its net worth is $2.3 billion. If you follow the biggest influencers on crypto Twitter, you’ve probably heard of him. He and Nayib Bukele are the center of attention for their purchases when bitcoin is at bargain prices.
- Tim Draper: Its net worth is $1.5 billion. He is a VC investor that discover bitcoin 3 years later than Matthew Roszak (2014). However, his bitcoins were confiscated by the U.S. Marshals because of the Silk Road scandal.
#Bitcoin is a swarm of cyber hornets serving the goddess of wisdom, feeding on the fire of truth, exponentially growing ever smarter, faster, and stronger behind a wall of encrypted energy.
— Michael Saylor⚡️ (@saylor) September 18, 2020
- Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss: Its net worth is $3 billion each. People inside the crypto neighborhood know them as the CEOs of the Gemini Exchange. But if you don’t, you must have heard of them because Mark took away their idea to build Facebook.
- Sam Bankman-Fried: Its net worth is $8.7 billion. The 29-year-old MIT graduate created Alameda Research, a quantitative trading business, and the popular derivatives exchange FTX.
- Brian Amstrong: Its net worth is $6.5 billion. He’s the current CEO and Co-Founder of Coinbase, one of the leading crypto exchanges in the US.
- Changpeng Zhao: Its net worth is $1.9 billion. He’s the current CEO and Co-Founder of Binance, the biggest crypto exchange in the galaxy.
- Vitalik Buterin: Its net worth is $21 billion. Co-founder of the Ethereum Foundation.
What makes Binance successful?
The community. You. 🙏
— CZ 🔶 Binance (@cz_binance) September 15, 2022
Who is the Richest Person in Bitcoin?
The person holding the most bitcoin is none of those I described above. They have their money not only in a portfolio of altcoins but also in companies. And no, they don’t have their money sleeping in a bank account. That’s the sum of what all their assets are worth.
Well, it makes a lot of sense that the person with the most bitcoins is the one who launched the project no? And that was Satoshi Nakamoto. Satoshi owns between 750,000 and 1,100,000 bitcoins. Just do the math.
How Crypto Billionaires Will Transform Philanthropy?
Many billionaires around the world tend to give their money to NGOs to solve more problems than they can solve themselves. Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, and Michael Bloomberg are some of them.
Now we have crypto billionaires that are also doing philanthropy. This is the case of Sam Bankman-Fried. He built the FTX Future Fund which made a donation of $100 million so far this year.
— SBF (@SBF_FTX) March 26, 2021
Also, Vitalik Buterin made a very generous donation of $1 billion to an Indian COVID-19 relief fund, among other charities.
The difference between crypto donations and conventional donations is that:
- Real Anonymity: When you make a donation from one wallet to another, it is quite difficult to know who the owners are. In Vitalik’s case, he is a well-known person, so it is easier to identify his eth address with ethscan.
- No intermediaries: Historically, donations are always executed through NGOs. Unicef, Doctors Without Borders, Greenpeace, and Red Cross are some of them. This means that they have control that can easily be inspected by authorities. With crypto donations, this does not exist.
How Many Crypto Billionaires are there?
Rhys Lindmark, CEO of Roote, a nonprofit startup studio, projected that by 2025-2030, 20% of worldwide billionaires will come from the crypto ecosystem. If bitcoin’s price reaches $200,000, we will have 400 BTC and 200 ETH billionaires.
Finally, thanks to cryptos, there are specialized DAOs that have been created that allow anyone in the world to donate very small amounts of money:
ALTCOIN BUZZ – BINANCE – Get Up To $600* On Sign Up + Win a Share of $1,000
Become a Top Trader and win a share of $1,000!
– 5 traders with the highest trading volume will share $750
– 5 lucky draw winners will get $50 each
– Just open a new Binance account with our link and trade as much as you can between Sep 14 and Sep 28
Sign up using the links below on Binance Exchange and get the following benefits:
1) $100 Spot Trading Bonus*
2) 20% Trading Fee Discount For Life*
3) Plus $500 Unlockables*
If you already have a Binance account and want this deal, you might be able to create a new one with a different email address.
For more details visit the Binance Bonus Offer Page
*Terms & Conditions Apply
Disclosure: Altcoin Buzz may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you click through our links and make a purchase from one of our partners.
The information discussed by Altcoin Buzz is not financial advice. This is for educational, entertainment, and informational purposes only. Any information or strategies are thoughts and opinions relevant to the accepted levels of risk tolerance of the writer/reviewers and their risk tolerance may be different than yours. We are not responsible for any losses that you may incur as a result of any investments directly or indirectly related to the information provided. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are high-risk investments so please do your due diligence. This article has been sponsored by Binance. Copyright Altcoin Buzz Pte Ltd.