Coingecko, identified as one of the foremost crypto data aggregator platforms, has made several changes to its platform.
The changes in Coingecko is channeled at improving user experience and better service delivery. Interestingly, details of the upgrades were compiled by crypto enthusiast and Twitter user Jin.
ITT a quick summary of features we've built over here @coingecko in the past couple of months!
— Jin (@Jin_8315) October 11, 2020
His tweets were furthermore acknowledged by the co-founder and COO of Coingecko, Bobby Ong.
Been a hectic past few months pushing out improvements after improvements to @coingecko. Did not even realize we made so many changes till @Jin_8315 put all these in a tweetstorm! https://t.co/v9Ck0neFF2
— Bobby Ong (@bobbyong) October 13, 2020
Details on the upgrades
- First on the list of upgrades was the changes made to the portfolio – The new portfolio allows users to track assets both on the mobile app and on the web. The portfolio was incorporated with a Multicurrency buy, sell, and transfer feature. Plans are in place to introduce the Multi portfolio features alongside other features in the near future.
- Yield farming page – With DeFi on a roll this year, the incorporation of a yield farming page was essential. The yield farming page boasts of over 200 pools. It also has an IL and APY calculator, audits, value kicked feature, and degen mode.
- Improvement of Coingecko mobile app – Most of these changes were enacted following recommendations made by users. They include:
- Market cap charts.
- Enhanced price signals.
- Portfolio and candy.
- Widgets on Android and iOS devices.
- Easily refreshing coin prices on the pages.
4. Category pages – Coingecko has also rearranged several of its category pages. NFT, social, governance, and yield farming tokens have all been categorized. However, this upgrade is still a work in progress.
5. Improved users experience (UX) features – They include the incorporation of functions like copy address directly and a direct link to AMM pages.
6. Coingecko Candy (sweet rewards program!) – The platform is giving out prizes ranging from shirts to bottles to vouchers, etc. as part of its Coingecko candy rewards program. Interested persons only need to collect candies daily to be eligible to win prizes.
7. Newly added publications page – This page is essential for users logged in on Coingecko. The page contains details of reports and surveys. Recently, the platform’s 2020 Q3 report was recently published on the publication page.
8. DeFi list – Coingecko also introduced a DeFi list page containing the top 100 DeFi coins by market cap. Some of the notable coins listed include yearn.finance, Uniswap, Chainlink, 0x, and Aave.
9. Coingecko newsletter – Published five times a week with top-notch and exciting details of happenings in the crypto space.
10. API – The platform’s API is also open to dApp builders. Coingecko boasts of data for more than 5,900 cryptos. It also provides price, historical data, global crypto data, spot & derivatives data, and DeFi data.
Watch our Coingecko DeFi report on the Altcoin Buzz YouTube channel.