From Scaling tech, better wallets, PWAs, account abstraction, seamless interoperability, and compressed NFTs.
Also, identity, yield-bearing stablecoins, social dApps, privacy, DePIN, resource networks, RWAs, and Web3 gaming. Let’s discover how these crypto innovations can boost the industry.
Blockchain’s Innovations Are Coming
Blockchain has been heralded as one of the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century, one poised to disrupt industries and transform how the world shares money and information.
Now, nearly 15 years after its debut with the advent of , the blockchain revolution has yet to fully materialize. Instead, Web 3.0, like most new technologies, is advancing in fits and starts, with the technology bringing radical changes and enabling new business models in some sectors while sputtering along in others.
The advancements since the last cycle have set the stage for the next wave of innovation in the blockchain industry. And projects that are able to stay ahead of the curve will be the ones to reap the benefits in the years to come. One of the key factors driving this growth is the development of new technologies that are making it easier and more convenient to move cryptocurrencies.
The Real-World Asset market is gaining traction with rising adoption and growing TVL. It now ranks 10th among tracked #DeFi protocols, up from 13th a few weeks ago as of end-June. #RWA #Web3 #crypto #APY #staking pic.twitter.com/MJPSyAVLqb
— Soil (@soil_farm) August 28, 2023
How The Next Wave of Web3 Innovations Will Change Things?
Here are some of the key technologies that are powering the next wave of crypto usage:
- Scaling tech: The scaling momentum is up from a few years ago when tons of people were using blockchain networks. As a result, there was a lot of congestion, mainly on Ethereum, and gas fees were expensive. Also, the Bitcoin blockchain, for example, can only process a limited number of transactions per second. This has led to high transaction fees and slow confirmation times. However, there are a number of new scaling technologies being developed that could solve this problem. These include layer 2 solutions, such as Lightning Network, and sidechains.
- Better wallets: Another challenge facing cryptocurrency has been the lack of user-friendly wallets. Many wallets are complex and difficult to use, which has prevented some people from getting involved in crypto. However, there are a number of new wallets being developed that are making it easier for people to store and use cryptocurrency. These wallets are more user-friendly and offer a wider range of features.
- PWAs: Progressive web apps (PWAs) are a new type of web app that can be installed on a user’s device and used offline. PWAs are ideal for cryptocurrency applications, as they can provide a more seamless and user-friendly experience.
- Account abstraction: Account abstraction is a new technology that allows users to access their cryptocurrency without having to manage their own private keys. This makes it easier for people to use cryptocurrency, as they don’t need to worry about the security of their keys.
Have you already been worried about getting hacked? And losing all your crypto?
With our decentralized 3FA, you can benefit from top-notch crypto security and sleep well at night.
Learn how we’ve built decentralized 3FA in this article 👉 https://t.co/yzjBec7FGo
— Braavos – Starknet Wallet (@myBraavos) September 2, 2023
Another key trend is the development of interoperability between different blockchains. This will make it easier for people to transfer value between different cryptocurrencies and applications.
- Compressed NFTs: Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are a type of cryptocurrency that represent unique assets. Compressed NFTs are a new type of NFT that are smaller and more efficient. This makes them more suitable for use in applications such as gaming and social media.
- Identity: Identity is a key issue in the cryptocurrency space. Many people are reluctant to use cryptocurrency because they are concerned about their privacy. However, there are a number of new identity solutions being developed that could address these concerns. These solutions use blockchain technology to provide a secure and private way to verify a user’s identity.
Stablecoins are cryptocurrencies that are pegged to a fiat currency, such as the US dollar. This makes them more stable and less volatile than other cryptocurrencies. Yield-bearing stablecoins are a new type of stablecoin that offers interest payments to users. This makes them more attractive as a store of value and a way to earn passive income.
More About Web3 Innovations
- Social: Social media is a powerful tool that can be used to promote cryptocurrency adoption. There are a number of new social media platforms that are specifically designed for the cryptocurrency community. These platforms allow users to connect with each other, share information, and learn about cryptocurrency.
- Privacy: Privacy is a major concern for many people who use cryptocurrency. There are a number of new privacy solutions being developed that could address these concerns. These solutions use blockchain technology to provide a secure and private way to send and receive cryptocurrency.
- DePIN: Decentralized PINs (DePINs) are a new type of PIN that is stored on the blockchain. This makes them more secure than traditional PINs, as they cannot be stolen or hacked.
- Resource networks: Resource networks are a new type of blockchain-based network that allows users to share resources, such as computing power and storage space. This could be used to power a wide range of applications, such as decentralized cloud computing and distributed gaming.
- RWAs: Resource-backed tokens (RWAs) are a new type of token that is backed by a real-world asset, such as gold or real estate. This makes them more stable and less volatile than other cryptocurrencies. RWAs could be used to create a more secure and efficient financial system.
Gaming: Web3 games are a huge opportunity to welcome new users to crypto:
- Web3 games generate 23x more on-chain transactions than DeFi.
- 717 new Web3 games launched last year.
- Consumers spent an estimated $67.9 billion on digital in-game purchases in 2022 alone. With leveraging smart contracts, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), governance tokens, and play-to-earn economics, the best crypto games can provide an incredibly rewarding experience both players and developers. As per DappRadar’s “State of Blockchain Gaming in Q1 2023” report, investments in blockchain gaming and metaverse projects increased by 12.95% to reach US$739 million, suggesting a hopeful future for the industry.
In Q1 2023, blockchain gaming has shown a bullish sign of growth, with an increase in dominance from 42.87% in Q4 of 2022 to 45.60% in Q1 of 2023.
Polygon a blockchain previously known for DeFi dapps, climbed the charts and secured the third spot. This is a positive sign for Polygon, as it is now gaining recognition as a gaming blockchain.
– For more cryptocurrency news, check out the Altcoin Buzz YouTube channel.
– Unlock the key to managing your crypto portfolio like a PRO! Our top analysts bring you exclusive insights and the latest updates on cryptocurrency trading. Join Altcoin Buzz Alpha on Youtube or Patreon for just $15/month!
The information discussed by Altcoin Buzz is not financial advice. This is for educational, entertainment, and informational purposes only. Any information or strategies are thoughts and opinions relevant to the accepted levels of risk tolerance of the writer/reviewers and their risk tolerance may be different than yours. We are not responsible for any losses that you may incur as a result of any investments directly or indirectly related to the information provided. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are high-risk investments so please do your due diligence. Copyright Altcoin Buzz Pte Ltd.