A recent tweet by Crypto Rand caught the attention of the cryptocurrency sphere. The tweet lists members of the Billionaires Bitcoin Club. While not a real club, it does show a number of prominent individuals, who just happen to be billionaires, that have made the decision to invest in Bitcoin.
One of the common targets that every investor has in mind is to join the club of billionaires. The journey to reach the first billion is always difficult. Growing your capital thereafter is comparatively easier since you have a massive power of capital and a great influence in all the money markets. Most billionaires took much less time to reach $10 billion from $1 billion than they took to reach from $100 million to $1 billion.
9 Billionaires who own #Bitcoin + estimated net worth:
– Mark Cuban ($4.3bn)
– Elon Musk ($40bn)
– Paul Tudor Jones ($5.1bn)
– Brian Armstrong ($1.3bn)
– Jack Dorsey ($4.7bn)
– Changpeng Zhao ($2.6bn)
– Winkelvoss twins ($1.8bn)
– Tim Draper ($1bn)
– Chamat Palihapitiya ($1bn)
— Crypto Rand (@crypto_rand) November 10, 2020
Everyone keeps an eye on where billionaires park their money. The new favorite asset of many billionaires is Bitcoin. We have started seeing more and more mega investors trusting this favorite digital asset. BTC has a great store of value, and more and more billionaires investing in it has caught the attention of many retail investors who idolize these billionaires.
Let us have a look at some of the billionaires who have invested in BTC.
- The famous Elon Musk and his love for Dogecoin caught the internet by storm, and we saw a huge surge in the price of DOGE. This futuristic investor and entrepreneur, whose net worth is estimated to be $40 billion, holds 0.25 BTC. He believes that BTC is better than fiat as a medium of exchange.
- Stanley Druckenmiller recently revealed that he has invested in BTC and believes it has a better potential than gold in terms of store of value. His net worth is estimated to be around $4.4 billion. He said, “Bitcoin has been around for 13 years and with each passing day it picks up more of its stabilization.”
- Paul Tudor Jones, the Wall Street giant with estimated at a net worth of $5.1 billion, revealed on CNBC that he holds 1% of his total assets in BTC.
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, whose net worth is $5 billion, is a Bitcoin evangelist and holds over $50 million in BTC.
- Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao, estimated at a net worth of above $2 billion, revealed that he does not hold any fiat currency and all his assets are in cryptocurrencies, a major part of which comprises BTC (1700+) and BNB.
- Barry Silbert, the founder of DCG, holds a substantial amount of BTC.
- The Winklevoss twins, whose combined net worth is above $1 billion, bought a major chunk of BTC from their Facebook settlement money. They currently operate the Gemini crypto trading exchange, and more than 1% of their net worth is in BTC.
- Tim Draper holds close to 30,000 BTC which he purchased in 2014.
- Michael Novogratz, whose estimated net worth is $1.2 billion, has invested 30% of his assets in cryptocurrencies.
This list continues to increase each day. The list of millionaires who have invested in cryptocurrency is too huge to compile. With more and more investors putting their faith in Bitcoin, the perception of BTC as a store of value gets stronger each day!
Bitcoin is currently trading at $16,265.94, with a market cap of $301,544,037,201 and a 24-hour trading volume of $24,336,481,261.
For more Bitcoin news, visit the Altcoin Buzz YouTube channel.