The metaverse is under construction. Some metaverses are already in full functioning mode. On the other hand, many are building or don’t even exist yet. There’s still so much to come.
This also means that there will be plenty of demand for metaverse jobs. So, let’s dive straight into this first part of Metaverse jobs.
How to Apply to Metaverse Jobs?
When you want to apply in the metaverse, you seek employment that needs your set of skills. You also need to understand what you intend to do.
We are continuing to expand and need more metaverse builders 🏗️ as part of our agile delivery team 💃
— Bloktopia | We're Hiring! (@bloktopia) November 1, 2022
For instance, get real-life experience in:
- Augmented reality (AR)
- Virtual reality (VR)
For example, if you are a:
- Front-end or back-end engineer
- Content writer
- Social media manager
- Community Manager
- Gamification strategist
- Growth marketing manager
- Creator/artist, like a 3D designer
All these specific sets of skills are in demand right now. Social media also plays a big role. It’s not only about building on developer level. You can also look into Twitter, Telegram groups, and Discord servers. In general, learn about Web3 technologies.
So, now you can start looking for jobs. Here are a few ideas on how to apply.
- Become an intern — Get hands-on experience.
- Free mentorship programs. — Start searching for these kinds of programs and take part. You will learn important skills. This will also open doors to jobs inside the metaverse.
- Join crypto communities and/or DAOs. — Join on your mobile phone and form communities. Thus, a cheap and easy way to build a network and put yourself in the spotlight. You may end up with a paid position.
- Be active on social media — Twitter, Telegram or Discord. Join and make yourself heard. Keep asking relevant questions. They will notify you and may reach out.
So, it’s essential to find that part of the metaverse that interests you. Once you found that, start searching for opportunities.
Source: Web3 Career
Metaverse Jobs With No Experience
So, what if you don’t have these sets of skills as described before? There are ways to overcome that! Start at the beginning, get the basics sorted. One advantage that you have is that plenty of jobs are remote. In other words, you don’t have to move.
As already explained before, get knowledgeable. Follow courses and get experience whenever and wherever you can. You will still need to go through all the usual job application efforts. Apply for a job, get through to the interviews, and so on.
However, there are a few jobs that may need no experience. For instance, as a virtual tour guide. You can find all related information online. For any location in the world. Retailers also don’t need any experience. Just make sure that you can add up bills.
Metaverse Jobs in the Future
With all the potential growth of the metaverse yet to come, better prepare for some new lines of work. Here are a few samples of what future metaverse jobs may look like. For example:
- Ecosystem Developer — Manage hardware and software. But also manage laws and new regulations. You will need XR industry skills and also knowledge of programming languages. Like Java or Python.
- Event Manager — There will be plenty of events. Anything goes, from sports via music to political rallies. You will need to research and secure venues. Make budgets and monitor them. Invite vendors and work out deals with them. You need to have good time management skills and interpersonal skills. Just to name a few.
- 3D Game Designer or Developer — Gaming will be a big part of the metaverse. Technologies will advance. So, this may well be one of the most popular and in demand jobs to come. You will have to be on top of the latest computer animation knowledge. Know how to code and be good at 3D modeling.
- Safety Manager — The metaverse must be a safe place for all who visit. Expect new forms of regulation. Somebody needs to enforce these safety measures. For example, ID verification or safe headwear. You will need experience in consumer electronics. An engineering background won’t hurt, either.
Watch the trailer for the Star Atlas 3D metaverse game.
The metaverse is under full construction. We expect blockchain technology to play an important part. As a result, the metaverse will offer many job opportunities. So, we answered 3 popular metaverse jobs-related questions. Here you can find Part 2 about Metaverse jobs.
⬆️For more cryptocurrency news, check out the Altcoin Buzz YouTube channel.
⬆️ Check out our most up-to-date research, NFT and Metaverse buy, and how to protect your portfolio in this market by checking out our Altcoin Buzz Access group. And for a limited time, it’s FREE. Just click the link and try it today.