NFTs are one of the fastest-growing niches in the crypto space. While Ethereum is one of the top blockchain platforms for the NFT space, Tezos (XTZ) is also beginning to make waves in the NFT ecosystem. Its NFT marketplace is renowned for its eco-friendly stance as well as its cost-effective nature.
Therefore, in this article, you will deep dive into the world of the Tezos NFT ecosystem, where and how to buy Tezos (XTZ) NFTs, Tezos NFT Marketplaces, etc. But before we move on, let’s find out more about Tezos (XTZ).
Who Created Tezos?
Tezos is one of the foremost open-source blockchain platforms. Launched on June 30th, 2018, it focuses on providing an enabling environment for seamless Peer-to-Peer (P2P) transactions. Tezos also serves as a reliable platform to launch smart contracts. Ex-Analyst at Morgan Stanley, Arthur Breitman and his wife, Kathleen, is the brain behind the launch of the Tezos (XTZ) blockchain.
Where to Buy Tezos NFTs?
Tezos currently has a number of active NFT marketplaces where users can purchase Tezos NFTs. These NFT marketplaces include:
- Objkt – This is currently the largest NFT marketplace on Tezos
- Kalamint – This is one of the first-ever NFT marketplaces on Tezos
- FXhash – An open NFT marketplace for generative NFTs.
- Versum – Is a unique combination of an NFT platform and the metaverse
- OneOf – is mainly an eco-friendly marketplace.
Other top Tezos NFT marketplaces include MinterPop, Teia, Rarible, etc. These are all reliable platforms to purchase NFTs. They are also eco-friendly and offer a cheap alternative to creating, selling, or buying NFTs.
Today’s featured artist is @flostitanarum, a Visual artist and Printmaker based in Indonesia mostly inspired by science fiction films, space objects, nature, and memories from childhood.
Discover the pieces in this thread 🧵 pic.twitter.com/4YoKhfzsjR
— objkt.com (@objktcom) August 22, 2022
Where to Buy Tezos’s Token (XTZ)?
XTZ is the native token of the Tezos chain. The token basically powers the entire Tezos ecosystem and it is a prerequisite for users to be able to navigate the platform.
With XTZ, users will be able to pay fees, secure the network via staking and also interact seamlessly with decentralized applications (dapps). It is therefore important for Tezos users to own some XTZ tokens.
1. The first step to buying Tezos is to download and set up a Tezos-compatible wallet. There are also several XTZ-compatible wallets available today. Some of them include:
- Trust Wallet
- ZenGo, etc.
2. After setting up your wallet, the next step is to buy the XTZ token. So, users can purchase it on exchanges like Binance, Coinbase, Huobi, Kucoin, Bittrex, Kraken, Gate.io, Poloniex, etc.
How to Create NFT on Tezos?
Several NFT marketplaces on Tezos also offer users the opportunity to create or mint NFTs. A major advantage of mining NFTs on Tezos is that it is much cheaper when compared to minting costs on other available platforms.
Also, using the Objkt marketplace as an example, here are the steps to follow to mint Tezos NFTs:
- Minting NFTs on Tezos: is to own some XTZ tokens which will be used in paying for minting fees. This means that users are expected to set up an XTZ-compatible wallet as well as purchase Tez tokens as outlined above.
- Click on the ‘Create’ icon in the upper right ribbon of the website. You will then have to sign in to the site with your wallet. It is important to choose the same wallet you used in purchasing Tez tokens earlier.
- Once sign-in is complete, you will be redirected to the create page. Now you can easily create the NFT collection that your NFTs will belong to. To complete this step, you will need to pay with 1 XTZ token.
Here is a screenshot of how to do it in objkt:
Source – Objkt
- Mint your NFTs by clicking on the “Create” icon again: This time you will be redirected to the token page, where you can upload the NFT image, along with its Title, Description, Royalty, etc.
Source – Objkt
The Best Tezos NFT Marketplaces
In May, amidst general bearish tendencies, Objkt.com completed the sale of one of its NFT art pieces REACHBACK for 82,000 Tez tokens. That same month, the NFT marketplace recorded an estimated $100 million in sales.
Also, find out more on how to use the Objkt NFT marketplace.
According to DappRadar, Objkt has a 30-day volume of $2.33 million, with over 15,800 traders and an average NFT price of $13.79. Finally, other important NFT marketplaces on Tezos include FXhash, with almost $6 million in sales in May 2022, Teia, Versum, Rarible, etc.
⬆️For more cryptocurrency news, check out the Altcoin Buzz YouTube channel.
⬆️ ALTCOIN BUZZ – BINANCE – GET UP TO $800* ON SIGN UP
Sign up with Binance using our Affiliate Link and get the following benefits:
- Get a $100 instant bonus with a first-time deposit of $50 within 7 days,
- Get a 20% trading fee discount for life!
- Get $200 worth of 2 months of Altcoin Buzz Access PRO Membership (50+ Trading Signals, Hidden Gems) and unlock up to $500 more in prizes
Click on the following link (as per your location) to avail the benefits.
For further details visit our special Binance Page. Terms & Conditions Apply.
Disclosure: Altcoin Buzz may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you click through our links and make a purchase from one of our partners.